Expecting Momma's Ultimate Holiday Gift Guide
You’ll be thankful you got these, either as a practical gift or for yourself. Becoming a momma is a big undertaking and it requires a lot of prep. There’s tons of stuff out there and then lots of different versions of all that stuff. It can be confusing, take a lot of time (if you’re willing to spend it) and undermine your confidence when you need it most. We’ve compiled a list to cut through the noise and ensure you know what’s top of the list for mommas who want to be ready.
1. Silverettes - These little sterling silver nipple covers can prevent and heal sore/cracked nursing nipples. Real silver provides the ultimate protection for such a sensitive part of the new momma’s body. Unlike butters and creams and salves and plastic shields, quality silver is naturally antibacterial, antifungal and antimicrobial. Slip them on after a nursing session to prevent and heal common nipple discomforts. It could mean all the difference for your breastfeeding journey!
2. Hatch Rest - this genius contraption gives you more hands than you have so you and baby can rest better. Set the ultimate environment in your nursery for rest. Easily set a schedule that compliments the rhythm you’re trying to find with your newborn. Turning off and on custom hues and shades of light with natural sounds appropriate for helping baby (eventually) find their circadian rhythm. Powered by a standard outlet (and a backup battery if the power goes out), you can update the schedule, change the colors and sounds, intensity and volume all by the easy-to-use app from your phone. Bonus - you’ll use this for years to come as baby grows up, helping them sleep better and honor the rhythm of rest. It’s the only night-light-sound machine you’ll ever need.
3. FridaMom’s Postpartum Recovery Essentials - this inclusive kit makes it way easier to handle your new undercarriage once you’re home with baby. Stash it in your bathroom and you’re prepared to safely recover from birth for the first couple of hazy days and nights. Yes, the hospital will provide all the things you need, but this is just plain better.
4. Medela Manual Pump - always have it with you so you don’t jeopardize your milk supply or your comfort when you’re on-the-go. Not near an outlet? Manual pump. Forgot to charge your pump? Manual pump. Stuck in traffic? Manual pump to.the.rescue!
5. Belly & Bag - of course this is on our list! It’s our signature product line of non-toxic, pre-packed hospital birth bags shipped to momma’s door. Everyone shares a common distaste for packing, so what better gift to yourself or a momma you love than taking the packing-hassle off your plate? Packed with thirty-plus essentials and over-looked comforts, mommas are raving about our pre-packed birth bags. Countless hours and dollars are saved from the endless googling, pinteresting and youtubing then shopping and packing by simply choosing a color and entering an address. You can be fully prepared for your “due date” with a pre-packed birth bag complete with everything you need and nothing you don’t.
We’re a small women-owned business sharing our honest experience with future mommas. No one pays us to talk about their product, not even ourselves. We hope you found this gift-guide insightful and ultimately helpful as you prepare or help a momma prepare for motherhood this holiday season and beyond! #babyboldly