How a Postpartum Kit Can Help with Recovery
Becoming a mom is no easy feat. You deliver, are cared for by your nurses/midwife/doula, and then sent on your way to care for this fresh baby... oh, and also your healing body! A mom's postpartum body can require a lot of TLC, which we find isn't more widely discussed or prepared for nearly enough.
Beginning motherhood with confidence is priceless. For the past few years, we've equipped mommas with our Birth Bag to fully prepare them for delivery. But Baby Boldly is more than a birth bag. We have a mission to make preparing for birth easier on moms so they can focus on what matters most to them, providing for a better birth experience AND... intro to motherhood.
"But first, mom." - is our new tagline. Because while we know caring for baby is essential, caring for mom is too. So our product line has expanded to transition mommas into motherhood.
This first-of-its-kind postpartum kit sets you up to prosper in the transformative experience ahead. We know you're busy and you may or may not know what you need for yourself after birth. We've been there before and we wish we had what you can have now. We want you to have everything you need at your fingertips. This.Is.It.
Innovated and curated by moms, for moms, every inclusion is non-toxic and best-in-class, leaving no part un-cared-for. Expertly packed in a beautiful travel toiletry bag you'll love long after your postpartum days.
This "Postpartum Prepared Kit" equips you with everything here:
Care for your bleeding:
- reusable OEKO-TEX leak-proof postpartum underwear (1 pair) and disposable mesh underwear (2 pairs) - Whatever your preference as you get the hang of this new momma thing! Def. wear pads with the mesh; pads are optional with the reusable!
- perfect-stream peri cleansing bottle - The new way to wipe - simply spray your undercarriage with a gentle squeeze in lieu of toilet paper, while you're healing.
- organic herbal peri spray - A soothing touch-free herbal mist with a clever upside-down spray-design so it’s easier to reach where you're healing. With cucumber, witch hazel and organic essential oils, cruelty-free, no parabens, propellants, benzocaine or artificial fragrance.
- organic cotton, high-absorbency pads (8) - These pads are the best - comfortable and thin with mighty absorbency.
Care for your lactation:
- organic nipple balm - Your nipples need some TLC right now - keep them protected and healing with this soothing balm!
- reusable hydrogel soothing nipple pads - Cool and soothing to sore nipples post-nursing session. If you need these, it may be wise to have a lactation consultation.
- disposable bamboo nursing pads (12) - Be ready for likely leaks as your breasts learn to regulate milk production for baby. Made from bamboo, these will keep you comfortable and confident. Discard once saturated and replace.
- lactation consultation quiz & milk storage guideline magnet - To help you determine when you may need a lactation consultation + milk storage tips!
Care for all-of-you:
- dual-purpose inflatable seat cushion/neck pillow - Sit on this if your bottom is sore, or use it to rest your tired head while holding baby.
- "strong as a mother" grip socks - Socks can help regulate our entire body's temperature (hormonal hot and cold flashes are real), and these grippy soles keep you steady on your new momma feet.
- "strong as a mother" water bottle - To support your increased hydration needs as a key part of your recovery!
- postpartum affirmation card deck - Reading these (30) cards will help you stay centered in your transformation into motherhood. Inhale - exhale. You've got this.
All packed and ready for you to hang on your toilet paper holder for an effortless reach. Which is particularly helpful for mom's healing from a cesarean surgery to not have to bend down or reach behind on the back of the toilet.
We promise, we've thought of it all.
Treat yourself to being fully prepared for postpartum healing, or gift to an expecting mom for a unique way to shower her before baby arrives.
Our Postpartum Kits range from $59 - $119, and can be found here.